“Succeeding in business is about recognizing opportunities, making informed decisions and planning strategically. This is sometimes difficult to do when you can’t see the forest for the trees. We all need assistance at some stage to make crucial decisions and move our business forward.
Many business owners and managers make the assumption that only Senior Executives have the knowledge and ability to make decisions or that only upper management’s decisions matter. You will find that, given the opportunity, everyone in your organisation has the potential to inform your business and participate in bringing about positive change.
At BusinessAide we work alongside organsations, assisting them to make the right decisions and reach their full potential.”
Manny Spiteri brings 40 years of academic, practical and innovative business experience to the BusinessAide team. He has held Senior Executive positions in national, international and multinational organsations including SME, government task forces and philanthropic projects. He has run his own businesses for most of his working life and provided mentoring to fellow business owners for many years.
A clear thinker with successful broad based expertise in business and a proven ability to quickly analyse key business drivers, apply practical strategies and deliver projects on time and within budget.
Manny has been involved with a range of projects working with small, medium to large teams with budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to many millions.
At home with people at all organisational levels from government officials, board and committee members to multi level management and shop floor workers, he understands business imperatives and has the ability to interface them with the culture of any organisation.
Manny brings integrity, energy and a formidable depth of knowledge and commitment to all of his endeavours. He is a consummate professional, known for his ability to envision and create successful outcomes in complex situations.
Qualifications: Diploma of Business, Diploma Co Director, Diploma in Export Management, Graduate Dip PDM Marketing, Grad Dip Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Experience: Strategic & Contingency Planning, Finance, Project Management, Transport and Supply Chain Finance, Board Steps, Executive Planning, Budgeting, Cash Flow Management, Financial Budgeting and Modelling, Company Law, Operational Audits, Conflict Resolution, Philanthropy.
BOARD/GROUP POSITIONS HELD
- Tasmania Together Tasmanian Government (Reporting to the Premier) – Community Leader’s Group – Chairperson for Economy & Employment Task Force 2020 Tasmanian Together vision for the future
Web site: www.tasmaniatogether.tas.gov.au/historical_information
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce (TCCI) for six years
- Tasmania Confederation of Industries (TCI) for six years
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI) merger of TCC and TCI
- TCCI Small Business Advisory Group
- Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Tasmanian IT Advisory Group
- Australia Quality Industry Board
- Tasmanian Procurement Advisory Group
- Yarra Valley Wine Growers Association Director Marketing Development 1983
- Board of Friends of the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
- Make A Wish Foundation Fundraising – National Board
- Make a Wish Tasmanian ‘Wish’ Committee
- Victorian Safe Communities Network (VSCN)
- The Society of Friends (Quaker) Building Board
- Committee of Melbourne
- Cranlana Alumni
- Foundation Fellow Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
- VSCN Victorian Safe Communities Network
MAJOR BUSINESS AWARDS
- Advance Australia – Australian Small Business Award 1990 (Non-manufacturing)
- Telecom Australia – Inaugural Small Business Award non-manufacturing 1990
- Australian Institute of Marketing – Award for excellence in Marketing and Selling 1990
- State Finalist Small Business Awards non manufacturing 1996
- Australian Centenary Medal for Services to the Community 2002
- Executive of the Year – High Commendation 1991
- Victorian Premiers Individual Award for Multicultural Service to the Community 2006
- Victorian Premiers Award for Multicultural Service to the Community 2003